Sometimes I consider myself a professional intern because I've done so many. I’m still currently an intern (over a year after I graduated) who’s on a journey to find the firm that is the perfect fit for me (I LOVE the firm I’m at right now, hint-hint!). One of the things I enjoy about internships is what I take away from each firm, boss and co-worker. Here are 5 of my PR tips that I picked up along the way that I believe helped me out.
- Always volunteer to do menial tasks, they make you stand out.
- Bullet points are essential in pitches for easy reading.
- Ask questions. I know I must be the most annoying intern ever, but the point is to learn as much as possible, and asking questions is important.
- Don’t add e-mail addresses until you’re 100% ready to press send; you don’t want to accidentally send a message that isn’t finished or to an unintended recipient.
- Double check attachments. An editor will not appreciate that spring break photo as much as you do.
What are your top 5 PR tips?