I hope everyone is having a fabulous week. I wanted to officially announce, mainly because now I can't back out, that I, Lynette, will be running a half marathon next year!
I really look forward to sharing my training plans with you, my ups and downs and of course what I wear for my workouts! I know some readers out there have already completed half and whole marathons and I would love to hear your tips. Due to the stress of Sandy and Athena (yes, here in NY we now name our snowstorms) I plan on starting to train in January.
Some questions that could use some answering:
- How far in advance did you start training?
- Did you religiously stick to your plan? Feel guilty if you strayed?
- How much did your diet change? Lately I've been hungry every hour of every day. If that continues this is going to be an issue!
- Were there more discouraging runs than great ones?
- What did you do for cross-training? (I know I'll be frequenting SLT and Flywheel)
- Was training easier if you had a buddy?
E-mail me or let me know in the comments! Thanks :)